BrushStrokes By Mary Anne is a Proud Retailer of the “Best Furniture Paint” in the world, known as “Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint!”
Create classic, vintage furniture from old, worn-out items, using Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint, the magical paint developed by Annie Sloan from England since 1990!
Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint developed by Annie Sloan is considered by many to be the “Best Furniture Paint” in the World.
Thousands of home décor artists, enthusiasts and hobbyists are discovering the pleasures of using Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint because it is so user-friendly it’s been nicknamed ‘the girl’s paint’. Little or no prep (neither sanding nor priming) is required to transform worn or outdated furniture into something to cherish. It is extremely low VOC’s and very quick drying.
Annie Sloan is one of the world’s most respected experts in the field of decorative painting and has become a respected authority in the recent painted furniture revolution.
We stock and carry the entire line of Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint, Wax, Brushes, Supplies including Annie Sloan’s popular Books at our retail locations in Cumming & Roswell, GA.
Plus you can purchase all of our products online! BrushStrokes offers “The Lowest in Store & Online Pricing” for all of our featured Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint By Annie Sloan including Annie Sloan Waxes, Brushes, Books & Supplies.
Sample projects updated with Annie Sloan’s Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint
Unlock your creativity with Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint which is simply the BEST Paint on the market for painting furniture! You can literally paint on any surface! It is safe to use on walls for a soft matte effect or wax it for a polished plaster effect.
Sample Projects Created with Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint
The possibilities are endless. You can even use it to paint on floors!
Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint can be easily applied to interior & exterior surfaces!
Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint can be safely & easily applied to interior & exterior surfaces, plus furnishings, walls, floors and even fabrics!
- There is no need to prime or prepare surfaces!
- Extremely low VOC’s (volatile organic compounds) which means it is safe for you and our environment!
- Simply mix it with water to make a wash to allow the “wood grain” to show through
- Leave the lid off and it will thicken naturally into an “impasto”
- Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint is available in 32 Decorative and Historical Colors, View Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint Colors.
- Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint colors are mixed intelligently.
- These amazing “easy – to – mix” Colors can virtually can create any design or look you can imagine!
- The paint is very flexible so it is easy to be creative and easily change your mind! You can use one color or layer colors.
- Use it virtually on any surface for interior or exterior applications!
- It actually allows your walls to breathe, making it a perfect paint for interior walls.
- Distress surfaces and apply waxes to create an old world patina!
Mary Anne Merfeld, recognized faux artist and decorative painter in Atlanta, personally teaches each Chalk Paint Workshop. Whether you are a beginning or accomplished artist, Mary Anne’s Workshops are designed to help you learn the basics to advances techniques and applications:
- Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint “101” Workshop – Discover Annie Sloan’s preferred methods for application of Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint & Waxes for painted furniture.
- Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint “Advanced” Workshop -Mary Anne provides detailed instruction for applying Artisan Enhancement’s Transfer Gel, Foil, Raised Stencils, Crackle and Zinc over Chalk Paint® Decorative Painted surfaces.
- New “Ladies Night Out” Paint a Pillow Workshop -Mary Anne will show you how to make a professional painted pillow! No sewing skills required. Everyone is invited to bring their favorite snack and beverage!
- Chalk Paint Kitchen Cabinet Painting Workshop – Mary Anne offers Kitchen Cabinet Workshops for everyone who wants to learn how to update Kitchen Cabinets with a designer “painted finish.”
- Miss Mustard Seed’s Milk Paint Workshop – Learn Miss Mustard Seed’s “authentic Chippy Look” or create “smooth finishes” for your painted furniture project.
- Upholstery “101” Workshop – Mary Anne offers a popular Upholstery Workshop. Workshop will be split into 2 workshop sessions. New sewing required! Students are required to attend both sessions.
- Advanced Upholstery Workshop – Mary Anne offers an Advanced Upholstery Workshop including 2 workshop sessions. Learn how to make a box cushion with piping & zipper. How to make double welting and do basic tufting. Includes all instruction and supplies to upholster a wingback.
- “Bring Your Own Piece” Workshop – Mary Anne is offering a special Chalk Paint Decorative Paint Workshop allowing students to bring in their piece! Please note, pieces must be pre-approved prior to workshop.
- “Stencil” Workshop – Learn Mary Anne’s expert stencil and lettering techniques to create your personalized, “one-of-a-kind” furnishings, floors and more!
Click here for Chalk Paint Workshop Details – or call us at 770.366.5990
If you are looking to send a personal and memorable gift to someone special for a Birthday, Holidays or anytime you want to let someone you care about feel special, consider giving them a BrushStrokes by Mary Anne Gift Certificate. Click here for additional details!
We Accept All Major Credit Cards including PayPal™
A Personal Message from Annie Sloan
This is a personal message from Annie Sloan recently published on her blog regarding Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint.You may have noticed that there has been some confusion recently about what Chalk Paint® is. I would like to help make things clearer.So what is Chalk Paint®? Chalk Paint® is the brand name for the decorative paint that I (Annie Sloan) developed over 20 years ago. Back in 1990, there was no paint available with the properties I was looking for, so I decided to develop my own. I chose the name “Chalk Paint” because it was suggestive of its very matt—almost chalky—finish. There had never been a paint called by this name or made in the same way as mine before.There are paints that contain whiting (‘whiting’ is the equivalent of chalk in the paint-making world), such as gesso and calcimine or distemper. There are also paints made with lime, such as whitewash. Chalk Paint® is different. It is not paint with chalk added to it. It is not chalkboard paint. It is not made by adding plaster of Paris or grout or even baking soda to an existing paint. Chalk Paint® is the unique decorative paint I developed for furniture, floors and walls, drawing on a lifetime of research and experience in working with paint and colour. There are many paint products out there with different things to offer and I think it’s wonderful that there are so many choices available to consumers. I’m also very happy that so many people have such an interest in paint making. I have written several books about making paint and traditional paint recipes – I love making paint too!But just to be clear: there is only one Chalk Paint®.
Chalk Paint® is Annie Sloan paint. Yours, Annie