Mary Anne Merfeld, owner/artist of BrushStrokes By Mary Anne, personally instructs all of the Workshops
Mary Anne Merfeld, recognized faux artist and decorative painter in Atlanta, personally teaches each Chalk Paint Decorative Paint® by Annie Sloan & Miss Mustard Seed’s Milk Paint Workshops including Upholstery, Kitchen Cabinets, Stencils, etc. Whether you are a beginning or accomplished artist, Mary Anne’s Workshops are designed to help you learn the basics to advanced techniques and applications.
- Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint “101” Workshop – Discover Annie Sloan’s preferred methods for application of Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint & Waxes for painted furniture.
- NEW! Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint “Mini” 101 Workshop –This is a 2 Hour Class to provide “Basic Training” for the application of Chalk Paint® By Annie Sloan and her Decorative Waxes.
- Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint “Advanced” Workshop -Mary Anne provides detailed instruction for applying Artisan Enhancement’s Transfer Gel, Foil, Raised Stencils, Crackle and Zinc over Chalk Paint® Decorative Painted surfaces.
- NEW! Paint a Pet Workshop – Rachael, guest instructor/artist will show you how to paint a canvas painting of your loved pet! No Painting Skills Required!
- NEW! Photo Transfer “Vintage Christmas” Wood Sign Workshop -Mary Anne will show you how to transfer this seasonal red truck hauling a Christmas Tree onto a painted reclaimed wood 11″x11″ sign. You will learn how to apply Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint on the Background and apply lettering with custom stencils! No Painting Skills Required!
- Chalk Paint® Paint a Pumpkin Sign Workshop -Mary Anne will show you how to paint this “Happy Fall” Pumpkin on reclaimed wood. No Painting Skills Required!
- NEW! Chalk Paint “Photography DIY” Wood Sign Workshop -Mary Anne will show you how to transfer your favorite photo on a painted reclaimed wood sign. You will learn how to apply Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint and make a very cool burlap flower and hangar! No Painting Skills Required!
- Paint Personalized Monogram Wood Sign Workshop -Mary Anne will show you how to paint your Personalized Family Monogram on wood with Chalk Paint® Decorative Paint & Stencils. No Painting Skills Required!
- Paint a Festive “Deer Head” Wall Hanging Workshop -Mary Anne will show you how to paint an adorable cow painted on reclaimed wood. No Painting Skills Required!
- Down on the Farm” Paint a Cow Workshop -Mary Anne will show you how to paint an adorable cow painted on reclaimed wood. No Painting Skills Required!
- Artisan Enhancement’s “101” Workshop -Mary Anne just announced this new workshop featuring an introduction to Artisan Enhancements’ faux painting mediums, glazes and sealers.
- “Ladies Night Out” Paint a Pillow Workshop -Mary Anne will show you how to make a professional painted pillow! No sewing skills required. Everyone is invited to bring their favorite snack and beverage!
- Chalk Paint Kitchen Cabinet Painting Workshop – Mary Anne offers Kitchen Cabinet Workshops for everyone who wants to learn how to update Kitchen Cabinets with a designer “painted finish.”
- Miss Mustard Seed’s Milk Paint Workshop – Learn Miss Mustard Seed’s “authentic Chippy Look” or create “smooth finishes” for your painted furniture project.
- New Miss Mustard Seed’s Milk Paint “Bring Your Own Piece” Workshop –Mary Anne is offering a special Miss Mustard Seed’s Milk Paint Paint Workshop allowing students to bring in their piece! Please note, pieces must be pre-approved prior to workshop.
- Upholstery “101” Workshop – Mary Anne offers a popular Upholstery Workshop. Workshop will be split into 2 workshop sessions. New sewing required! Students are required to attend both sessions.
- Advanced Upholstery Workshop – Mary Anne offers an Advanced Upholstery Workshop including 2 workshop sessions. Learn how to make a box cushion with piping & zipper. How to make double welting and do basic tufting. Includes all instruction and supplies to upholster a wingback.
- “Bring Your Own Piece” Workshop – Mary Anne is offering a special Chalk Paint Decorative Paint Workshop allowing students to bring in their piece! Please note, pieces must be pre-approved prior to workshop.
- “Stencil” Workshop – Learn Mary Anne’s expert stencil and lettering techniques to create your personalized, “one-of-a-kind” furnishings, floors and more!
BrushStrokes Cumming Store & Workshop was recently featured in the Forsyth Herald on NorthFulton.com, “BrushStrokes
- BrushStrokes By Mary Anne was honored to be recently featured in the Forsyth Herald Paper and NorthFulton.com’s website to announce our new store location in Cumming and our featured Workshops.
- More >>>
Workshops are conveniently located at our Shop & Workshop Studio at Cumming location
- The Shoppes at Brannon Crossing, 415 Peachtree Parkway, Suite 225 Cumming, GA 30041 (Our building is behind Starbucks)
- Easy Access off GA 400 on Peachtree Parkway (GA 141)
Note: Classes are limited from 6 to 8 students, depending on the type of workshop and can be paid by Cash, Check or Credit Card. Class registration must be paid in advance. Call us at 770.366.5990 to Register or if you have any additional questions.
Private Classes Available
In addition to the above Workshops, Mary Anne also provides “Private Classes” for those who prefer “One-on-One” instruction.
Please call us 770.366.5990 for details and pricing, or click here to send an online request.